Proper throwing mechanics are essential for baseball and softball players in order to keep their arms healthy throughout the season.
On Saturday, Jan. 21, Prevea Sports Medicine
will host Spring Training Arm Care -
a free seminar for parents, players and coaches of all levels and ages. Spring Training Arm Care
will feature instruction from the experts of Prevea Sports Medicine, local high school and university coaches, and Brandon Magee, a Sheboygan North graduate and former professional baseball pitcher.
Seminar will include:
- A research discussion on common injuries with overhead athletes.
- Information about proper throwing mechanics for baseball and softball players.
- Instruction on setting up proper strength and conditioning programs for baseball and softball players.
- An open discussion with parents, players and coaches on how to work together to keep their athlete healthy.
- Saturday, Jan. 21; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lakeland University – Todd Wehr Center, W3718 South Drive in Plymouth
- To register, call (920) 272-3355 or register online.
About Prevea Health
Prevea Health’s mission is to care for people with passion, pride, and respect. Founded in 1996, Prevea Health partners with HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay, HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan, HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire and HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls, to provide access to more than 200 physicians in more than 60 specialty areas. Prevea has more than 40 locations throughout Northeast Wisconsin and Western Wisconsin’s Chippewa Valley region. For more information, visit www.prevea.com