Put your care in the hands of Prevea's general surgeons and you'll be treated by a team of highly skilled and respected physicians.
A general surgeon is a specialist who is trained to diagnose, treat and manage patients with a broad spectrum of surgical conditions affecting almost any area of the body. In many cases a patient is referred to a surgeon, however, every patient has the option to choose the surgeon who they think will provide the best care.
You can expect your surgeon to provide the necessary preoperative, operative and postoperative care. He or she will discuss with you the best technique (open, laparoscopy or robotic-assisted surgery) based on your diagnosis and expectations for getting back on your feet.
Rest assured, when surgery is necessary, our board-certified medical professionals and support staff are dedicated to providing the highest level of surgical care.
Surgical expertise for diseases and conditions related to:
- Biliary system including bile duct cancer, gallbladder cancer and gallstones
- Colon including anal cancer, anal fistula, hemorrhoidectomy, bowel obstruction, colon cancer, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, presacral tumors, rectal cancer and ulcerative colitis
- Digestive tract including carcinoid tumors, stromal tumor and small intestine cancer
- Endocrine system including adrenocortical carcinoma, Conn’s syndrome, Cushing’s Syndrome
- Esophagus including achalasia, Barrett's esophagus, cancer and GERD
- Liver including benign tumors, hepatocellular carcinoma (primary liver cancer), cysts and metastases (secondary liver cancer)
- Pancreas including ampullary cancer, chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, cysts, neuroendocrine tumors and pseudocysts
- Skin cancers including melanoma and Merkel cell carcinoma
- Stomach cancer
- Trauma and critical care
- Vascular access for chemotherapy
In addition to the list above, the general surgery team in Sheboygan also performs:
- Breast surgery
- Dialysis access
- Lung surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- General thoracic procedures
- VNUS Closure® for varicose veins