What is a Midwife (CNM)?
Prevea Health, the first in the area to offer a certified nurse-midwife program, now has the largest and most experienced midwife team in Green Bay.
What is a Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)?
Certified nurse-midwives provide health care to women, with a focus on education and healthy lifestyles. They are licensed health care professionals with master’s degrees in nursing and midwifery. By blending the supportive care that women expect with the scientific knowledge needed for safe practice, including collaboration with a midwife-friendly medical team. Prevea’s certified nurse-midwives take pride in keeping up to date on the latest research by attending continued education programs.
Prevea Midwives understand that each woman’s health care journey is unique. By tailoring health care options to meet your individual needs and expectations, it's a personalized approach for both general women’s health and pregnancy care.
Choosing a midwife for your pregnancy
- Routine women’s care
- Yearly physicals
- Counseling in health maintenance and disease prevention
- Assistance with family planning decisions
- Pregnancy care
- Labor and delivery care in the hospital
- Medical care for mom after delivery
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Menopause care and management options
Prevea is the only health care system to offer midwife services on both the east and west side of Green Bay, and in Oconto Falls, with delivery options at HSHS St. Vincent and St. Mary’s Hospitals.
You’ll feel empowered during pregnancy and childbirth as midwives encourage you and your family to be actively involved and personalize your birthing experience — respecting your cultural values and personal preferences. Your midwife will be by your side during labor and delivery, providing you with clinical expertise, encouragement and emotional support. At Prevea, midwives
- work within a team of doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and support staff to provide the best possible care.
- can attend your delivery independently within the safety and comfort of the hospital.
- can guide you through a non-medicated labor if you choose, or you have the option of using medication during labor.
Meet the Prevea Midwife Team
- have the ability to deliver your baby, and they also have the full services of the hospital and access to obstetricians in the event of a complication.
- guide expectant mothers on a holistic journey during pregnancy and beyond – they can continue your medical care after baby is born.
Marta Brace, DNP, CNM, IBCLC
Rebecca Morrill, CNM, WHNP-BC
Natalie Larson, CNM
Mary Williams, CNM
Did you know Prevea offers free appointments to meet a midwife? To schedule an appointment, call (920) 405-1430.