Kathryn Dykes, APNP
- GENDER: Female
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN: English, Spanish
Kathryn Dykes is welcoming new patients.
Request an appointment through MyPrevea.Request Appointment
Kathryn Dykes, APNP
GENDER: Female LANGUAGES SPOKEN: English, Spanish
I chose to go into nursing because of my interest in helping people achieve and maintain wellness. Also, I wanted to help patients and their families cope with acute and chronic illnesses.
Throughout my entire career, I have found it rewarding to work with older adults. I enjoy their varied life experiences, their sincerity and their sense of humor.
Nursing involves more extensive contact with people and a deeper knowledge of their physical, emotional, and spiritual assets. I feel that it’s important to work together with people and their families to maintain the highest quality of life in the most independent setting possible. Knowledge of the whole person and their family dynamics promotes a more individual plan of lifelong care, and I consider it a privilege to be a part of it.
I speak Spanish and welcome Spanish-speaking older adult patients.
In addition to my career, I’m married and have three children. When I am not working, I am involved in giving time to a variety of community service organizations. I’m a tutor and instructor in the English as a Second Language program for the Literacy Council of Brown County. I’m an active member of the local, state and national Alzheimer's Association. I also serve as an instructor and a trainer of new instructors in CPR, First Aid, and Emergency Response for the American Red Cross Lakeland Chapter.
- Patient care and education for older adults such as:
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain management
- Frequent falls
- Maintaining an independent lifestyle
- Evaluating and treating dementias and memory loss, including Alzheimer's disease
- Assisiting family caregivers to provide their loved ones with the best care possible
Education and Affiliations
- Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Master of Science in Nursing, Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Post-graduate program in Mental Health for the Older Adult,University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Geriatric Mental Health Certificate, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- American Geriatrics Society
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Wisconsin Nurses Association
- President, Northeast Wisconsin District of Nurses Association
- Wisconsin Association of Medical Directors
- Professional Development Chair, Wisconsin Parish Nurse Coalition