Heart & Vascular Care
Heart Failure Program
At Prevea, our heart and vascular specialists take your health to heart. With experience and training from some of the country's most influential heart institutes, they ensure that progressive treatments and therapies are available to you in Northeast Wisconsin.
Partnered with the nationally recognized heart specialists at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Prevea offers a full range of state-of-the-art diagnostic, medical and surgical options for patients with heart failure. Whether you have mild heart failure or symptoms severe enough to require heart transplantation, you can now receive the care you need close to home.
Most of the following procedures and treatments are available in Green Bay, and all are available at UW Hospital in Madison.
- Proven medical therapies for heart failure.
- Expertise in unusual causes of heart muscle disease, including myocarditis, postpartum cardiomyopathy and chemotherapy-related heart disease.
- High-risk cath lab interventions.
- The latest in treatment options, including biventricular pacemakers, defibrillators and combination devices.
- Surgeries with left ventricular assist device back-up.*
- Destination therapy for end-stage heart failure utilizing the HeartMate® Left Ventricular Assist System (LVAS), the only device currently approved by the FDA for destination therapy for patients who are ineligible for heart transplantation.*
- Heart transplantation.*
The UW Health-Prevea Heart Failure program is available at the Prevea Allouez Health Center, 1821 S Webster Ave, Green Bay.
Most insurance plans are accepted. For appointments, call 920-431-1850 or 888-2PREVEA.
*Services available through UW Hospital in Madison