Try salmon! Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which our bodies don’t produce on their own. Omega-3s can help boost memory and cognition skills.
Add broccoli or spinach. Both vegetables provide nutrients like vitamin K and lutein, which research suggests may slow cognitive decline.
Consider using extra-virgin olive oil for its anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- 4 to 6 oz fish of choice (salmon, halibut, sole)
- 1 to 2 cups chopped vegetables of choice (zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, Broccolini)
- 1 Tbsp aromatic of choice (garlic, onion, shallot, chives)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh or dried herb of choice (parsley, thyme, sage, herbs de Provence, cilantro)
- 1 Tbsp fat of choice (olive oil, melted coconut oil, melted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On large piece of parchment paper, layer fish, vegetables, aromatic and herbs. Drizzle with fat.
- Fold or crimp parchment paper in sealed pocket.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Plate and serve!