Instant Pots were a hot item on adult's Christmas lists' this past year. This recipe is quick and delicious and can be made using an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. This soup incorporates cauliflower rice to keep it low carb and gluten free.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (about 3 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oz spinach
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Add oil, carrots, celery and onion; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and chili flakes, cook for additional minute.
- Add chicken thighs and stock to pot. Seal lid, turn to Soup Mode and set timer for 10 minutes. When timer goes off, turn release valve and wait until pressure is released before opening pot. Stovetop instructions: after adding chicken and broth to pot, bring to boil. Then reduce heat, cover pot, and let soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, add riced cauliflower to pan over medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup water. Steam until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove chicken thighs from pot and shred using two forks. Discard bones.
- Whisk eggs with lemon juice. Slowly whisk one cup hot soup into eggs, then pour eggs into pot. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pot, stir in cauliflower rice and spinach.
Total Fat: 16.5g
Saturated Fat: 4.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 6g