- 1 ½ lb. small Yukon Gold Potatoes, halved or cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped scallion, green and white parts
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the potatoes, garlic, and salt into a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Place over high heat and boil the potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and garlic from the heat, drain them and return them to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic with the tines of a fork, making sure to mash each piece of potato and garlic.
- Add the pepper, scallions, and olive oil and mix well.
The potatoes can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave on High for 1-2 minutes.
Total Fat: 5.0 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 155 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 2 g