Vibrant orange salmon fillets get a double dose of crunchy almonds, one in the pesto and one in the topping. The lovely green pesto is easy to make and gets a delightful flavor boost – without salt – from the garlic-herb seasoning blend. For a quick and pretty dish, scatter the almonds over the surface, as instructed below. If you prefer a fancier presentation, after spreading the pesto over the salmon, slightly overlap the almonds on the fillets to resemble fish scales, and then bake as directed.
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 oz each), rinsed and patted dry
- 1 ⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 1 ⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 3 TBSPs fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 TBSPs sliced almonds
- 2 TBSPs shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt-free garlic-herb seasoning blend
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
- Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1 ⁄4 cup almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Total Fat: 9.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.0 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 129 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 28 g