You now have a healthier alternative to eating zucchini bread without sacrificing taste. With the option to make 1 or 2 loaves, this easy to make zucchini bread recipe is a great end of the summer snack for the whole family.
- 1½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each, ground cloves and nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk or nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each, ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 cup nuts
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Coat 1 or 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix whole-wheat pastry flour*, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and nutmeg together in small or medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, egg whites, skim milk or nonfat plain yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon extract together in a large bowl.
- Stir shredded zucchini, unpeeled into wet ingredients.
- Add and stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between pan(s).
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium 73 mg
Protein 3.5 g
Total Carbohydrate: 25 g
Sugars: 13 g