Snacking can make or break our diet habits, but healthy and delicious snacks aren’t as hard as they seem. To stay on track and full, try one of these easy snacks under 100 calories!
- Frozen grapes. Keeping a bag of grapes in your freezer is a great way to have a healthy and refreshing snack on hand. A one cup serving is just under 100 calories, and grapes provide copper, vitamin K and antioxidants. If you don’t feel like snacking on them just yet, use them as fruity ice cubes in your water.
- Almonds. If you’re craving something crunchy, 12-15 almonds are a protein packed snack that’s around 90 calories. Almonds have been proven to improve brain health, regulate cholesterol, improve bone health and prevent heart diseases.
- Hummus and celery sticks. There are only 6 calories in a single medium size celery stalk, and most brands of hummus have about 25 calories per tablespoon. Get your dip fix with this tasty combo, along with protein, fiber and potassium.
- Cottage cheese and cantaloupe. Combine a half cup of low-fat cottage cheese with a half cup of cantaloupe for a snack that’s packed with protein and vitamins A and C.
- Baked apples. Plain apples are a classic healthy snack, but after a while they can get boring. Spice up your apple by peeling and coring it, and then bake until soft. For added flavor without the calories, sprinkle it with some cinnamon.
- Salsa baked potato. Half of a medium baked potato is around 80 calories, but what good is a baked potato without some toppings? Spread a tablespoon of salsa over the top for a punch of flavor and a tasty snack under 100 calories.
The next time hunger strikes, face it with one of these delicious 100 calorie snacks. Your stomach (and your waistline) will thank you.