Extending care beyond your office visit
Chronic Care Management (CCM) is a Medicare-covered service offered by Prevea Health to ensure your chronic health conditions are monitored, and a personalized care plan is developed just for you.
If you have two or more chronic conditions you may benefit from the CCM program. Examples of chronic conditions include high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, heart disease and kidney disease.
As a participant of CCM, a registered nurse from your care team will serve as your liaison to provide:
- A personalized care plan
- Assistance with scheduling appointments, lab tests and other services
- Help with how and when to take your medications
- Coordination between your health care providers, including follow-up care after leaving the hospital
- Coordination of home health and medical equipment needs
- Connection to local health resources and programs
- Access to other support services you need to stay well
Why should you participate?
- Chronic conditions are the leading cause of death and disability in the United States
- Enrolling in CCM services can help prevent and reduce hospitalization
- Your chronic conditions need more frequent and closer monitoring to ensure you have the best quality of life while building a closer relationship with your health care team
Do I have to pay for it?
- CCM is covered by Medicare and is subject to your annual deductible and coinsurance (usually 20%). If you have a secondary or supplemental insurance plan, your coinsurance may be covered.
How do I enroll?
- If you are eligible for Medicare (65 years of age or older or are disabled) and have two or more chronic conditions, you are eligible to participate. To enroll in the program, you must consent to participate once a year and may cancel at any time. If you cancel, your participation will stop at the end of that month.
- You can enroll directly by calling (888) 277-3832 or talk with your provider at your next appointment.