The winter months can be grueling on your skin. With less humidity and the cold air, dry skin is bound to happen. Even with people who have an oily skin type experience dry skin in the winter. It is important to keep in mind that the skin care routine you used during the spring and summer may not work in the fall and winter. Adding new products to the mix can help.
Here are some ways to help relieve your skin from dryness.
- Moisturize daily. Moisturizing in the morning and at night keeps your skin hydrated every second of the day. In the winter, use a heavier moisturizer than what you use during the spring and summer.
- Use a humidifier. This replenishes the moisture in the top layer of your skin.
- Limit your baths or showers to five to 10 minutes a day. Spending more time than that can strip away your skin’s oily layer, which can cause it to lose moisture.
- Drink lots of water. It’s important for your overall health, including your skin health, to stay hydrated. You should drink eight cups of water a day.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Your diet can have a big impact on your skin. Eating healthy foods provides the vitamins and nutrients your body and skin need to stay healthy.
- Wear sunscreen. A lot of skin damage comes from sun exposure. Wearing sunscreen daily (even in the winter or on cloudy days) will help prevent all kinds of issues, including dryness and skin cancer.
If you are struggling to keep your dry skin under control or are having difficulties finding products, speak with a Prevea Aesthetician