If you are looking for an audiologist, trust Prevea Audiology.
Call for an appointment.
Green Bay, Oconto Falls, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan: (920) 496-4700
Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire: (715) 717-6885
At Prevea Audiology, we have a team of audiologists with either master’s or doctoral degrees that are expertly trained to evaluate ear related symptoms and concerns through a medical lens. We help you understand how your hearing concerns relate to health and wellness and evaluate each patient as a whole. This goes beyond basic hearing tests and fitting hearing aids. We work closely with otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat specialists) and assist in the comprehensive evaluation of many disorders such as dizziness, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and ear infections. We make referrals to other medical specialists when appropriate.Our audiologists order, fit and service traditional hearing aids, but we also work with specialized devices such as bone anchored hearing aids, cochlear implants and an array of custom ear products.
Big box stores also offer hearing aid services including hearing tests for programming and fitting of hearing aids. These types of stores are limited as to which hearing aids they can sell and the devices typically have some reduced functionality when compared to options available through Prevea. Some box stores employ audiologists to staff their hearing aid centers, but in most cases they employ hearing instrument specialists. These individuals are required to have a high school diploma, receive on the job training and pass the state exam. Box stores do not employ otolaryngologists or other physicians to aid in patient treatment.
Know your options
- Views patient care through a medical lens by looking at the whole person
- Works directly with physicians
- Comprehensive tests for hearing, vestibular (balance) function and tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Access to all major manufacturers of hearing aids
- Access to all hearing aid features and controls, as well as latest technology
- Consultation, evaluation and follow up for cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing aids
- Full line of custom ear products including hearing protection for hunters, musicians, and occupational settings, sleep plugs, swim plugs and earpieces for headphones
- Views customers through a retail lens and focuses on hearing aids
- No physicians
- Basic hearing tests to program hearing aids
- Limited access to hearing aid manufacturers
- Reduced access to hearing aid features and controls
- Delayed availability of new technology
- Deals on hearing aid batteries