You may think you have no control over how your skin will age, but don’t be fooled by this myth. While it’s true that genetics play a role, there are many other factors that are involved. Here are some common skin care blunders people do without realizing that it ages their skin:
- Not removing makeup before bed. If you leave makeup on while sleeping, you are clogging your pores and not allowing your skin to breath. Without proper ventilation for your skin, it can lose its elasticity and cause wrinkles.
- Skipping sunscreen. The number one way that skin can age is by not applying sunscreen. Exposure to UV rays can cause damage to skin immediately. Use sunscreen daily, even under your make-up.
- Trying too many products at once. There are so many different products on the market that claim they will cure your troubles. It is hard not to try them all. Limit the number of products you use on your face and the frequency of changing them.
- Lack of sleep. Sleep can cure so many ailments, including skin troubles. A solid six to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep each night can allow skin to renew itself and fight off unwanted pimples.
- Smoking. Smoking ages skin by blocking blood flow to your skin. Smoking can cause the skin to sag and wrinkle sooner than the natural aging process.
- Stopping skin care. When switching to a new product, it is best to use it for a month or two for it to take full effect and to see how it impacts your skin. Stopping too soon can give you the notion that nothing works on your skin. Allow time for your skin to work with the products.
offers several products and services that effectively target various aging concerns. Set up an appointment to keep your skin looking its best.