Training for a half or full marathon takes time. The amount of time you put in will greatly improve your finishing time. However, what you do now until your race can either help or hinder your performance. Here are a few things to remember as you are getting ready to train for your race:
- Create or follow an existing training program. Put it on your refrigerator or calendar to remind you. Prevea offers a great training programs to get ready for your next big race; try the Half, Full or 5K training programs. There are even web based training programs available for convenient use.
- Set alarms on your phone reminding you that it is time to run – consider naming them funny things.
- Have a running buddy or buddies to motivate you. Running in a group can be a great opportunity to meet people with the same passions of running as you do.
- Do the training runs. Company is always nice, especially as the runs get longer or the weather becomes more challenging. Learn more about the Prevea training runs and how they can help you.
- Have other hobbies and interests to help keep your mind distracted from the fatigue, fear and/or anxiety. Get into a good book or into a television series.
- If you are going to run alone or inside on a treadmill, get hooked into a great music playlist or binge watch a television or movie series to keep you motivated and distracted.