You’ve got a lot going on right now and it is perfectly understandable that a few things may slip your mind. Here are a few reminders that may help you out:
Don’t forget to:
- Register for childbirth preparation class, breastfeeding or other classes around 20 weeks if possible.
- Choose a health care provider for your baby here.
- Pre-register at your hospital of choice
- Tour the hospital of your choice:
- Get pre-certified with your insurance company
- Pick up employee leave or short-term disability papers from your employer. Bring them to your next visit
- A specialist will complete and return to your employer
- Arrange childcare
- Create a birth plan
- Prepare for arrival of baby in home (nursery room, clothing, necessities, etc.)
- Prepare siblings for arrival of new baby
- Buy a car seat and make sure it is installed properly