In this video, Dr. Ashok Rai, President and CEO, Prevea Health, demonstrates how to properly put on, wear and remove a mask.
Putting on a mask
- Wash your hands.
- Place mask over your nose and mouth, secure it under your chin. Then, tie behind head or loop around ears. It should fit snugly against the sides of your face, but you should be able to breathe easily.
While wearing a mask
- Do not touch the mask. If you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect.
- Do not move it to expose your nose and/or mouth
Removing a mask
- When it is time to remove your mask, be sure you only touch the ear loops or ties – not the mask itself.
- Fold the outside corners of the mask together, so that only the outside of the mask is exposed.
- If you are taking your mask off to eat, be sure to place your mask in an area that is not likely to infect others or pick up additional germs. When you are ready to put your mask back on, repeat the "Putting on a mask" steps above.
- If you are taking your mask off for cleaning, place the mask in washing machine or other cleaning area. Click here for mask cleaning tips.
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth when removing the mask, and be sure to wash your hands immediately after removing the mask.