Universal masking guidelines have been implemented and enforced for all Prevea Health staff providing direct patient care. These guidelines remain consistent with our Hospital Sisters Health System partners in efforts to protect staff and colleagues while preserving personal protective equipment quantities.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Why should I wear a hand-made mask?
- To keep respiratory secretions to yourself and prevent unknowingly infecting others
- To provide a physical barrier from others who may be infected
- To serve as a reminder to avoid touching your nose and mouth
What type of hand-made mask should I wear?
- A cotton material is recommended (e.g., cotton t-shirt, bandana)
- To make a mask at home for yourself click here for instructions.
When do I need to wear a hand-made mask?
- Any time you are in a public setting (e.g., grocery stores, gas stations, hospitals)
- Interacting with a person or people outside your home
- Interacting with someone inside your home who has been infected with COVID-19
- Click here to learn more about hand-made masks.
To protect yourself and others, follow a universal masking practice in addition to
social distancing and maintaining proper hand hygiene. Wear a mask for yourself and for your fellow community members. We are in this together.