MCW-Prevea Health Family Medicine Residency Program
MCW-Prevea Family Medicine Residency Program is a primary care medical clinic that is open to the public. Here, resident physicians and faculty physicians see patients of all ages and in all stages of life for a variety of health care needs. If you’re looking for a primary care physician, call (920) 431-1810 to establish with someone or schedule online.
Same-day or next day appointments available!
- Routine care for newborns, children, adults and elderly
- Yearly physicals and health screenings
- Sports physicals
- Medication management
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic health conditions
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Routine women’s care
- Pregnancy care up to 28 weeks
- Geriatric care including home visits, and nursing home and end-of-life care
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are resident physicians?
Residents are licensed physicians who have completed medical school and are now going through specialized medical training in a particular field of medicine. In this case, the field of medicine is family medicine. They work under the supervision of experienced faculty physicians, providing direct medical care to patients.
What education, training, and experience does a resident physician have?
Resident physicians have a medical degree (MD, DO) – signifying the completion of medical school. During medical school, in addition to advanced science coursework, medical students complete two years of direct patient care in multiple medical specialties.
Does a resident have a medical license?
Yes. All of our resident physicians are licensed by the state of Wisconsin and work under the supervision of an attending physician.
What does a resident physician do in a family medicine residency program?
The MCW-Prevea Family Medicine Residency Program is a three year program. The purpose of the program is for resident physicians to enhance their learning experience for the full spectrum of family medicine so they can follow patients through their entire health care journey – from routine medical care to unexpected health concerns and hospitalization; through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and taking care of newborns; to nursing home and end of life care.
What are the benefits of being cared for by a family medicine resident and a residency clinic like this one?
There are several benefits to seeking care at the MCW-Prevea Family Medicine Residency Program.
- You have access to same-day or next-day appointments right here in Green Bay.
- Family medicine resident physicians care for people of all ages and in all stages of life, for a variety of health care needs. Whether you have a chronic health condition or you visit the doctor once a year to check up on your health, our resident physicians can care for you.
- You get a second opinion when the resident physician discusses your care plan with the faculty physician.
Where is the MCW-Prevea Family Medicine Residency Program located and how do I schedule an appointment?
We are located at the Prevea Shawano Avenue Health Center, at:
1727 Shawano Ave.
Green Bay, WI 54303
To schedule an appointment, call (920) 431-1810
or you can schedule online here