- 1 1/2 cup black beans (1-15 oz. can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (Dutch or regular)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (save a few for topping)
1.Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all ingredients, except choclate chips, in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. (A blender can work, but the texture – and even the taste – will be much better in a food processor.)
3. Stir choclate chips into the mixture, then pour into a greased 8" x 8" pan.
Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
5. Bake brownies for 15 to 18 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
Fiber: 2.6 g
Sodium: 13.7 mg
Source: Chocolate Covered Katie