Love is in the air this month, and there’s no better way to show your love for others than random acts of kindness.
Being kind doesn’t just make the world a better place, it’s also scientifically proven to boost serotonin, ease anxiety, strengthen your heart and help you live longer.
Ready to show some love? Here are 5 great ways to pay it forward!
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today. Whether you like their hair or think they’re pretty smart, a compliment is an easy (and free) way to make somebody’s day.
- Send an email to a coworker who deserves recognition. Taking five minutes out of your day to acknowledge their hard work can boost morale and improve office relations.
- Pick up an extra bag of dog or cat food and donate it to your local animal shelter. There are plenty of animals in need, and donations of food, bedding and toys are always welcomed!
- While you’re at the grocery store, let someone else go ahead of you in line. When you get to your turn, smile and thank the person who is checking you out.
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself something positive. Remember, you deserve kindness too!
With these ideas, it’s easy to go out and spread kindness in your community.