When you are serious about losing weight and improving your health, the ReShape balloon procedure may be what you need to help you lose the weight and keep it off. The ReShape balloon procedure is a new, FDA approved, non-surgical approach to weight loss in which people lose more than twice as much weight than with diet and exercise alone.
How it works
During a 20-minute procedure, you are sedated under light anesthesia and two connected balloons are temporarily placed inside your stomach using an endoscope. The balloons are then inflated with saline and properly positioned so they don’t move. The endoscope is removed and the procedure is complete. After six months, you will undergo another 20-minute procedure in which an endoscope is used to drain the saline and remove the balloons. This is all done as an outpatient procedure and doesn’t require a hospital stay.
Who is a good candidate?
This procedure was specifically designed for patients with a BMI between 30 and 40. Calculate Your BMI
It may be a good weight loss option for people who do not qualify or do not want bariatric surgery. You also have to be willing to make a change in your eating habits.
Why it works
The balloons encourage healthy eating habits by taking up room in your stomach, leaving less space for food. The balloons act as built-in portion control, helping you to feel full and less hungry.
Many people experience rapid weight loss initially, providing the motivation required to keep going and make the changes stick. You have the option to receive a full year of coaching to help you make the changes that will encourage a lifetime of healthy eating and living.
What are the benefits to this procedure?
There are many benefits to weight loss and this procedure, specifically. They include:
- Significantly more weight loss compared to diet and exercise alone; on average more than twice the weight loss.
- A short, outpatient procedure
- Does not involve surgery
- Balloons are removable at any time if they are not tolerated, without any permanent changes to your body
- Improved quality of life
- Improvements to co-morbid (obesity-related) conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- Help with reducing the amount of food you eat by increasing the sensation of fullness, allowing you to follow your diet and lose weight more easily
- Continue to eat the food you like, just in smaller portions
- No change to the way food is absorbed
- Significant professional support to help you change your eating habits and maintain weight loss long-term
Comprehensive Coaching and Support
Throughout the entire process you’ll have access to a ReShape online patient portal to track your success. The ReShape patient portal is a comprehensive tool that has everything you need including weight logging, food logging, activity tracking, goal setting, articles and recipes, community forums, important reminders, and the ability to easily share data with your doctor.
You’ll also have the option to work with a Prevea Health coach (for an additional fee). This coach will provide guidance for how to change your eating habits, enhance your physical fitness, and help you adopt a healthy lifestyle that supports long-term success.
Get started today! Call (920) 436-1359 or contact us online.
“When I came across the ReShape double balloon I was motivated and encouraged,” said Sue. “One balloon really worried me. I knew that I needed to learn more.” “I couldn’t be happier and wish I had done the procedure sooner,” said Sue.
- Sue L., Plymouth, WI
Read Sue's story