Locations and hours
- Physical exams
- Sports and camp physicals
- Flu shots
- Health screenings
- Cholesterol screenings
- Depression/anxiety screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Skin screenings
- Nicotine cessation counseling and treatment
- Wellness physicals
- Acute care such as allergies, bites and stings, burns and sunburn, coughs and colds, ear pain, flu, headache, injuries/non-surgical fracture and musculoskeletal care, laceration evaluations, pink eye/stye, sinus infections, skin infections, sore throats, UTI/bladder infection
- Routine medical care including medication management
- Chronic disease management for high blood pressure and cholesterol, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, dyslipidemia, COPD, asthma, thyroid problems
- Minor office procedures such as skin lesion removal/biopsy, stitches
- Birth control options such as intrauterine device (IUD), Nexplanon®, Depo-Provera® injection and medications
- Transgender care
- Nicotine cessation
- Basic mental health including anxiety and depression
- Rapid screen diagnostic tests such as rapid strep, urinalysis, pregnancy, mononucleosis and blood glucose
- Routine medical labs including sexually transmitted disease (STI) testing
Outside labs are accepted.
- Prescriptions for medications
- Certain medications available directly at the clinic
We know that illnesses and injuries don’t always occur when the Student Health Services is open. For those times, Prevea Health offers an option for affordable health care at one of your local Prevea Urgent Care locations. The visit is at no charge when Student Health Services is closed; must present UW-Stout ID at time of check in. If radiology or pathology services are required, those will be billed directly to your medical plan.
MyPrevea, the online gateway to your medical record, empowers you with secure access to your health care information from any computer or via the MyPrevea app, anytime. From MyPrevea, you can request prescription refills and exchange secure messages with your health care team.
Prevea Virtual Care is an easy way to be diagnosed and treated for common conditions. With Prevea Virtual Care, you can get care on your schedule for most common conditions. No appointment needed.
Prevea Care After Hours
Prevea Care After Hours offers a free, convenient way for Prevea patients to seek medical advice 24/7, whether it be an injury, illness or medical question.
Medical specialists for more advanced care
In the event you may need more specialized care, you may be referred to a medical specialist to care for your health care needs.
Stay on top of your health
By taking a balanced (or proactive) approach to food, fitness, emotional wellness and preventative care, it’s easy to get healthy and stay healthy.
Health and Wellness Center FAQs
You may be referred to another provider for services; as a result, that provider’s care will be charged to your insurance.