Find your care
Prevea certified nurse-midwife care
Prevea’s certified nurse-midwives dedicate their careers to caring for women. They provide a unique approach to care, and this deep compassion for women’s health drew them to becoming a midwife. By blending the genuinely supportive care that you expect as a women with the scientific knowledge needed for safe medical practice, midwives provide a holistic approach to both general women’s health and pregnancy care.
If you're expecting or hoping to start a family soon, with a midwife, you’ll feel empowered during pregnancy and childbirth. Midwives encourage you and your family to be actively involved and personalize your birthing experience — respecting your cultural values, beliefs and personal preferences. One of Prevea’s midwives will be by your side during your labor and delivery, providing you with medical expertise, encouragement and emotional support along the way.
Your life. Your beliefs. Your birth plan.
Choosing a midwife for your pregnancy puts the power of your pregnancy care in your hands. Your certified nurse-midwife will provide you with ethical, equitable and high-quality health care that respects your individuality and diversity.
Holistic care + expertise
- Assistance with family planning decisions
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Certified lactation counseling
- Counseling in health maintenance and disease prevention
- Medical care for mom and baby after birth
- Menopause/perimenopause care and management options
- Yearly physicals
Frequently asked questions
Prevea has a team of certified nurse-midwives who provide care at multiple health centers throughout Wisconsin and deliver babies at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay.
Prevea midwives see patients in Appleton, Green Bay and Oconto Falls in eastern Wisconsin.
Prevea was the first in Green Bay to offer a certified nurse-midwife program, is also the only health care system to offer midwife services on both the east and west side of Green Bay. Prevea offers free appointments to meet a midwife in eastern Wisconsin. Call (920) 405-1430 for more information.
Certified nurse-midwives provide health care for women in a medical setting, with a focus on education and healthy lifestyles. At Prevea, midwives
- work within a team of doctors, nurses and support staff to provide the best possible care for women, including but not limited to pregnancy care.
- guide expectant mothers on a holistic journey during pregnancy and beyond – they can continue your medical care after baby is born.
- can deliver your baby independently within the safety and comfort of a hospital, at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay.
- can guide you through a non-medicated labor if you choose, or you have the option of using medication during labor.
- have access to all birthing and lactation services at the hospital, including water births, and access to obstetricians, a high-risk pregnancy physician and NICU or virtual NICU services in the event of a complication.
Health and wellness
Find a Prevea Midwife near you
With a certified nurse-midwife, you can feel empowered in your health care journey. Schedule an appointment with a Prevea midwife at a Prevea health center near you.