Prevea pediatric neurology
Count on our renowned pediatric neurologist to provide compassionate care and progressive treatments for your child’s neurological disorders and conditions including pediatric seizures and children with epilepsy.
Neurological problems in children vary greatly from those experienced by adults. Prevea has the region’s only pediatric neurologist–and the only in Wisconsin–who is fellowship trained and boarded in both pediatric neuromuscular disorders and pediatric epilepsy.
We offer the only enzyme replacement therapy program for Muscular Dystrophy in the state of Wisconsin.
We offer leading-edge pediatric neurology services and are home to one of the first programs in the United States, and first in Wisconsin, to utilize deep brain stimulation in the treatment of complex movement disorders. In addition, we provide the region’s first and only therapeutic whole body hypothermia for birth depression.
- Brain tumor
- Epilepsy disorders
- Head injury
- Intractable epilepsy
- Motor, cognitive or language skill deficiencies including learning disability/learning problems
- Seizures, including new onset seizures, afebrile seizures, frontal lobe seizures, absence seizure
- Cerebral Palsy
- Tic Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Metabolic disorders
- Mitochondrial disorders
- Neurocutanous diseases
- Tuberous Sclerosis
- Baclofen pump management
- Botox® for movement disorders
- Ketogenic diet for seizures
- Long-term EEG monitoring for seizure disorders
- Therapeutic whole body hypothermia for birth depression
- Vagal Nerve Stimulator management
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Evoked potentials (SSEPs, BAERs, VEPs)