Prevea drug screening and management
Department of Transportation (DOT) Testing and Non-Mandated Testing
Prevea Occupational Health, a member of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) since 2000, offers appointments and walk-in service. We can also conduct onsite testing at local businesses or coordinate remote testing at locations throughout the U.S.
Services for post-accident/work injuries and reasonable suspicion are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week through our hospital partners’ emergency departments, HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center, HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital and HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital.
Occupational Health offers DATIA Certified Professional Collector Trainers (CPCT), DATIA Certified Professional Collectors (CPC), Certified Breath Alcohol Technician Instructors (BATI) and Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT).
Specimen collections and testing
- DATIA Certified Professional Collectors (CPC)
- Certified Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT)
- DOT 5 Panel Drug Screen (Quest Lab)
- Non-DOT 8 and 12 Panel Rapid Drug Screen*
- Non-DOT 5 and 10 Panel Drug Screen (Quest Lab)
- DOT and Non-DOT Collections services
- DOT and Non-DOT Breath Alcohol Test (BAT)
- Alternative specimen collections (hair, saliva)
- DOT urine drug testing and breath alcohol testing
- DOT mandated selection rates
- DOT Random Consortium FMCSA
- DOT Random Consortium USCG
- DOT Random stand-alone pools FMCSA, FAA, USCG, FTA, PHMSA
- Non-mandated urine drug testing and breath alcohol testing
- Customized selection rates and intervals
- Keep customers compliant with state statute 103.503, public works and public utility testing requirements
Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Certified through American Association of Medical Review Officers (AAMRO) and Medical Review Officer Certification Council (MROCC)
- MRO performs investigative interview IAW 49 CFR Part 40 with all donors that test positive by GC/MS
- MRO assistants communicates all reviewed results directly to the company
- MRO's are local and their staff is authorized to process negative test results, which gets them to you quicker than out of state MRO's. Additionally, MRO's are required to review 5% of the negative results processed by staff quarterly and by having local MRO's, these records are maintained locally and readily available in the event of a DOT audit.
- DOT-mandated supervisory training seminars
- DOT-mandated supervisory training onsite
- Non-mandated training onsite if requested
- Regulatory updates
- Assistance with Policy Development
*Rapid testing is done at our sites using FDA approved devices for non DOT regulated Employers. These tests are done in the presence of the donor with results reported to the employer before the donor leaves the building. Specimens that screen positive are sent to Quest Diagnostics for confirmation testing using GC/MS.