Find your care
Therapy for men’s health
Many men are known for waiting until something is seriously wrong before going to the doctor. So symptoms like pelvic pain, bathroom trouble or weak muscles and bones may be holding them back from getting the most out of life. There’s no need to tough it out. Help from Prevea’s team of men’s health experts will get you back to your best.
Prevea’s team of physical and occupational therapists specializes in men’s health. We work with your primary physician or specialist to develop an individualized treatment plan, using the latest and most advanced therapy techniques.
Key conditions we treat include urinary problems/incontinence, pelvic pain and osteoporosis.
Urinary problems and incontinence
Frustrating urinary problems and incontinence affect millions of people each year. Symptoms may develop due to an enlarged prostate, because of stress, after a urinary tract infection, after surgery or while taking certain medications. Therapy can be a source of relief for many urinary issues. Studies show that 80% of individuals who receive therapeutic treatment for incontinence regain or significantly improve control of their conditions.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may benefit from treatment by our men’s health team:
- Do you frequently urinate?
- Do you have problems controlling flow or when and how often you urinate?
- Do you leak urine during physical activity or movement?
- Do you feel you are not completely emptying after going to the bathroom?
Pain in your lower abdomen and pelvis may occur from changes to the prostate or bladder. Pelvic pain may also arise from muscle and ligament tightness or irritation of the nerves in the pelvic floor. Treatment includes therapies to relax the muscles and ligaments and improve muscle use.
While osteoporosis is often thought of as affecting women, twelve million men are at risk with early signs of the disease. People with osteoporosis can break a bone simply with a sneeze or fall. Our team of therapists can help you strengthen your bones, improve your stability and increase your bone density. We do this by teaching you how to exercise, correct your posture and perform everyday activities in a safe manner.
Cash pay is available
No referral needed
- Behavioral modification for dietary and toileting habits
- Biofeedback and electrical stimulation for muscle recruitment and coordination
- Bladder and pelvic floor muscle retraining
- Individualized exercise program for pelvic muscle strengthening
- Manual therapy for mechanical correction, decreased muscle tightness and improved posture
- Relaxation techniques to decrease pelvic floor muscle tension