Are you or your employee traveling outside the United States? Let Prevea Health’s Travel Medicine experts take care of the medical details so the traveler can concentrate on planning their trip.
Who should call Travel Medicine?
Why invest in travel counseling?
- Business travelers to developing countries
- Mission workers
- Pleasure travelers to foreign or exotic locations
- Scuba divers
- Students traveling abroad
- Travelers visiting friends or relatives abroad
- Travelers visiting high altitude destinations
Prevea’s Travel Medicine program is dedicated to making sure the traveler has the recommended vaccinations and medications, as well as helpful advice, so they can stay healthy and safe abroad. Our providers will suggest specific immunizations based on the itinerary and their personal health history, and the traveler can decide which ones they’d like to receive.
We are here to help answer any travel-related questions, such as:
How to prepare for the appointment
- Prescription medications to treat travel related issues
- Travel education
The travel medicine appointment will be more productive when the traveler takes time to prepare in advance. It’s important to make the initial appointment at least six weeks before the traveler’s departure because it takes the body up to four weeks to develop antibodies after an immunization.