Prevea vascular care treats all phases of vascular disease
Surgery performed on veins and arteries away from the heart is referred to as vascular surgery. Vascular disease is a common problem that affects millions of people. If untreated, it can lead to stroke, heart attacks, leg pain and wounds and amputation.
At Prevea Vascular Care, we offer a team of highly skilled physician surgeons and advanced practice providers. Our surgeons are board certified and our advanced practice providers are specially trained in vascular care—a depth of experience that provides outstanding care using the latest diagnostic technology and treatments.
Who is at risk for vascular disease?
Risk factors for vascular disease can vary, depending on the specific disease. Some of the common risk factors include:
- Age (your risk of some diseases goes up as you age)
- Conditions that can affect the heart and blood vessels, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
- Family history of vascular or heart disease
- Infection or injury that damages your veins
- Lack of exercise
- Sitting or standing still for long periods of time
There are steps you can take to help prevent vascular disease:
Treating all phases of vascular disease
- Make healthy lifestyle changes, such as eating healthy and getting the recommended amount of exercise
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products. If you do use tobacco products, talk to your health care provider about options to quit
- Keep your blood pressure and cholesterol levels within guidelines
- If you have diabetes, control your blood sugar
- Try not to sit or stand for long periods of time. If you do need to sit all day, get up and move around every hour or so. If you are traveling on a long trip, you may want to consider wearing compression stocking and regularly stretch your legs.
We treat all phases of vascular disease from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, surgical and minimally-invasive treatment options.
A team approach
Vascular disorders can be complex. They involve multiple body systems, which require a team effort in order to achieve clinical excellence. Patients, families and their healthcare providers are critical partners in providing comprehensive vascular care. We’re committed to fighting vascular disease and are dedicated to creating awareness, providing vascular screening and treating vascular disease.
Our program is built around a comprehensive team of specialists, including:
- Vascular surgeons
- Advanced practice providers specializing in vascular care
- Interventional cardiologists
- Primary care providers