Find your care
Prevea digestive health
A visit to a gastroenterologist or GI provider means you need a specialist with dedicated training in the management of diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. You may also hear
our services referred to as digestive health.
Our team of gastroenterologists and advanced practice providers perform advanced procedures to most accurately diagnose and treat your digestive health conditions. With numerous locations, accessing our services is easy. You can find us in Green Bay, Oconto Falls, Sheboygan, Appleton, Manitowoc and Plymouth. We also partner with four area hospitals to provide the best possible care close to home; HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay, and HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan and HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls. Procedures are also performed at the Prevea Surgery Center in Green Bay.
While we have the expertise and technology to treat you in a location that’s convenient for you, choose us because we have specialized programs that you won’t find anywhere else in the area, including:
- The areas first heartburn treatment center where you’ll get personalized treatment from a specialty-trained patient coordinator, and advanced practice providers, physicians and dedicated nurses who thoroughly discuss symptoms of and treat GERD.
- Access to a care manager for chronic conditions such as Crohn's, colitis, cirrhosis or fatty liver disease. Patients work closely with this provider to keep them as healthy as possible.
- Prevea is the only health system in the Green Bay area with an IBD center that is dedicated to patients with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for those affected by IBD. The center is a collaboration of physicians, advanced practice providers, colorectal surgeons, pathologists, case managers, nursing teams and infusion therapy centers.
- The area’s only liver disease clinic. Located in Green Bay, we have dedicated space inside HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center to diagnose and treat patients with liver disease.
Before treating any condition, it’s important to use the right test to diagnosis it. At Prevea, we have access to state-of-the-art testing and technology to identify your condition. Comprehensive diagnostic services include:
- Bravo™ pH study
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)
- Esophageal dilation for strictures
- Esophageal manometry
- Hydrogen breath tests
- Lactose intolerant testing
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube insertion and replacement
- Rectal manometry
- Upper endoscopy or EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
Upon diagnosis, we’ll work with you to identify a treatment plan that optimizes your quality of life.
Exceed national benchmarks
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Fatty liver disease
Inflammatory dowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Bile duct cancers, stones and strictures
- C. difficile
- Disorders of the pancreas including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer
- Diverticulitis and diverticulosis
- Esophageal varices
- Fecal incontinence
- Gallbladder disorders
- Heartburn, acid reflux
- Hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Liver cancer
- Rectal bleeding
- Peptic ulcer disease