Find your care
Neurology for brain conditions
Neurologic diseases and nervous system disorders affect how the entire body works. When something goes wrong with one part of the central nervous system — brain, spinal cord, or nerves — there can be trouble moving, speaking, swallowing, breathing, or learning. Problems with memory, senses, or mood can also occur.
Prevea neurologists specialize in the nervous system and the diagnosis and treatment of its disorders including nerves, brain, spinal cord, and muscles. They work with the patient’s primary care provider, occupational therapists, and physical therapists to provide the comprehensive care needed.
Prevea is able to provide neurology treatment for: Alzheimer’s disease, cerebral palsy, concussions, dementia, epilepsy, seizures, fibromyalgia, headaches, memory loss, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular disorders, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA) and traumatic brain injury (TBI). In fact, Prevea Health is the only health care system in Northeast Wisconsin to offer a new, state-of-the-art treatment for Parkinson’s disease called Duopa.
Prevea neurology also participates in clinical trials which allow you to gain access to new treatments before they are available to the general public and contribute to research and advances in medical treatment.
Comprehensive medical history and neurological examination
Diagnostics including Electromyography (EMG), Electroencephalogram (EEG) and Evoked potentials (SSEPs, BAERs, VEPs)
Duopa treatment for Parkinson’s disorder
Headache and migraine management and treatments
Long-term EEG monitoring for seizure disorders
Memory Assessment Clinic
Vagal nerve stimulator for seizures
- Injections including Botox® and Toradol®
- Lifestyle evaluation and healthy living counseling
- Emphasis on proper nutrition, hydration and a migraine-healthy diet
- Pharmaceutical management, with an emphasis on non-narcotic medications
- Relaxation techniques for stress and pain
- Sleep evaluation and counseling on sleep hygiene
- Treatment of depression that may be associated with disabling migraine pain and chronic daily headaches