This delicious fall snack is great for sharing and easy to make. With an easy to follow recipe and healthy ingredients, it will be a favorite treat for all!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger & ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raw pecans (or almonds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. (Recipe doubles easily for a 9x13 inch baking dish)
- Add almond butter, pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, raw pecans or almonds and unsweetened shredded coconut to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle unsweetened shredded coconut on top of bars.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- When cool, cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container
Nutrition Information for 1 bar without the optional coconut topping:
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Sat Fat: 1.4 g
- Chol: 12
- Fiber:1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Total Carb: 8 g
- Sugars: 6 g
- Sodium: 80 mg