In the midst of the cold winter months, we often crave foods to warm us from within. This low sodium, flavorful soup is a simple recipe that can be made after work or ahead of time.
- 14.5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted red bell peppers, drained if bottled
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- In medium saucepan, stir together tomatoes with liquid, broth, roasted peppers, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in oil, sugar and salt.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 127 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 3 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 2 g