This delicious autumn quinoa salad includes warm baked sweet potatoes, toasted pecans, your choice of bitter greens – toss in maple Dijon dressing, and it’s an easy to make and healthy side dish recipe perfect for fall.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- A pinch of each: cinnamon, cayenne, and sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- A few handfuls of bitter greens, minced (see notes)
Maple dijon dressing:
- 1 Tbsp each: olive oil and maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp each: balsamic vinegar and apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, and sea salt and place in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until soft and starting to brown.
- Place pecans on small baking sheet and toast in oven along with sweet potatoes for 5 minutes. Keep a close eye as they will burn easily at this temperature if left in too long.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Usually 1:2 quinoa to water ratio and cooked for 12-15 minutes. When quinoa is cooked, fluff with fork and set aside with lid off.
- Make dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients in small bowl. When sweet potatoes are cooked, mix with quinoa, pecans and bitter green in large bowl. Add dressing and toss well.