Hearing evaluations, rehab and other hearing devices.
When you come to Prevea, you’re cared for by an audiologist; someone who has years of clinical training in hearing evaluations and rehabilitation to help you or a loved one overcome the challenges of hearing loss.
Prevea Audiologists will help you understand how your hearing concerns relate to health and wellness. This goes beyond basic hearing tests and fitting hearing aids. We work closely with otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat specialists) and assist in the comprehensive evaluation of many disorders such as dizziness, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and ear infections. We make referrals to other medical specialists when appropriate.
Our audiologists order, fit and service traditional hearing aids, but we also work with specialized devices such as bone anchored hearing aids (BAHA), cochlear implants and an array of custom hearing protection. In fact, Prevea Health is the only health system in the area to offer comprehensive cochlear implant services, including surgical implantation in Green Bay. Prevea Audiology has dedicated audiologists trained in cochlear implant candidacy evaluations, current implant technology, mapping and rehabilitation.
We help kids too. While we often associate hearing loss with aging adults, kids can experience hearing loss as well. We have a dedicated pediatric audiologist who works with families to test and diagnose hearing loss in children and coordinates care for factors related to growth, development and education as it relates to hearing loss.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations
- Middle-ear assessment including tympanometry, acoustic reflexes and reflex decay
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE) assessment
- Videonystagmography (VNG) assessment for balance disorders
- Infant diagnostic auditory brainstem response (ABR) testing
- Speech in noise testing
- Ototoxic monitoring
- Diagnosis and management of pediatric speech and language development and hearing loss
- Tinnitus assessment
- Cochlear implant assessment
- Custom hearing protection for industry, recreation and hunting
- Musician ear plugs and in-ear monitors
- Swim plugs and swim bands
- Ear molds for personal electronic devices such as cell phones, MP3 players and telecommunications
- Hearing aid supplies such as batteries, dry-aid kits, ear mold tubing and wax filters
- Assistive listening and alerting devices such as television amplifiers, amplified telephones, FM systems and Bluetooth technology