This 30 minute dish will have you thinking you're eating at restaurant. Make your choice of chicken or salmon marsala with this flavorful recipe.
- 1/2 cup Uncle Ben’s whole-grain instant brown rice, dry
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 can (8 oz) mushrooms, drained or 10 fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 (4 oz each) skinless, boneless chicken breast or salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1½ cups chicken broth, 1/3 less sodium
- 1/4 tsp salt (opt)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 grinds fresh ground pepper
- Combine rice, water and peas in medium microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high 9 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep onion. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to skillet and begin sautéing.
- Brown chicken or fish on each side, 5 minutes.
- Add wine to skillet. It will begin evaporating quickly.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 5 minutes until meat is done.
- Serve over rice and peas.
Nutrition information for 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup peas with sauce (without salt)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Fiber: 5.5 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 675 mg
Protein: 34 g
Total carbohydrates: 41 g
Sugars: 11 g