Concussion and head injury treatment and symptoms
A fall or hit to the head can take an athlete out of the game or an employee out of work, but may also lead to a concussion or other traumatic brain injury. Most people want to get back to their activities as fast as possible, but continuing to play, learn or work immediately after receiving a concussion can lead to further brain damage or even death.
By offering the latest and most widely used ImPACT™ technology to assess recovery, Prevea Health is dedicated to making sure each person is physically ready to safely return to their sport, school or work.
Signs and symptoms of a concussion
Symptoms of a concussion are the same for adults and children.
- Trouble remembering
- Sleepiness or trouble falling asleep
- Nausea or vomiting
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of balance
- Poor coordination
- Blurred vision or sensitivity to light
- Slowed reaction times
- Mood swings, irritability or depression
After suffering a concussion, it is very important to have someone monitor your symptoms closely. Any red flag
symptoms such as: slurred speech, vomiting (more than two times), changes in level of consciousness or uncontrolled headache should be evaluated immediately; call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
If you suspect you’ve suffered from a concussion, consult your primary care doctor or call (920) 272-3300 to schedule an appointment with a Prevea concussion expert.
Why Prevea Concussion Clinic?
Credentialed ImPact™ concussion consultants
Prevea offers the only board-certified Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians, who are credentialed ImPact™ concussion consultants providing comprehensive services to the Green Bay, Sheboygan and Oconto Falls communities.
Dedicated triage phone line
A dedicated triage phone line (920) 272-3300 with concussion experts who provide personalized treatment recommendations.
Multidisciplinary team approach
Coordinated care is provided through all departments needed such as primary care, sports medicine, therapy, neurology, audiology and many more.
Primary care sports medicine services
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations
- Custom hearing protection
- Electronystagmography (ENG) assessment for balance disorders
- Hearing aid services and assistive listening device technology
- Middle-ear assessment including tympanometry, acoustic reflexes and reflex decay
- Otoacoustic emission (OAE) assessment
- Tinnitus assessment, counseling and intervention
- Behavioral care
- Anxiety depression adjustment issues; chronic pain
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Botox® treatment
- Management of post-concussive headaches
- Medication management
- Neurological symptoms
- Occipital nerve blocks
- Occupational low vision therapy
- Activity and environmental modification instructions
- Functional reading assessments
- Functional task light assessment for work/home/school
- Function glare assessments
- Family medicine
- Osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Physical therapy / vestibular therapy
- Address neck pain and headache
- Advanced testing for visual sensory motor testing
- BPPV testing and treatment
- Improve balance and gait
- Improve gaze deficits
- Improve VOR function
- Manage concussion symptoms