Prevea Virtual Care is an easy way to be diagnosed and treated for common conditions. With Prevea Virtual Care, you can get care on your schedule for most common conditions. No appointment needed. You'll receive quality care from a trusted Prevea Virtual Care provider at no cost. Online visits are available for all enrolled University of Wisconsin – Green Bay students.
How it works
- Prevea Virtual Care is available to patients age 2 to 75 years.*
- Go to prevea.com/virtualcare and log in from any web-enabled device, anytime, anywhere.
- Complete an online interview questionnaire (most take just 15 minutes). Select the ‘UW-Green Bay’ option.
- You will receive a diagnosis and treatment plan within an hour.**
* Services provided are dependent upon age of the patient and condition being treated.
** Diagnosis and treatment plan within an hour during Urgent Care hours, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, and weekends and holidays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visit questionnaires submitted after Urgent Care hours will be responded to by 9 a.m. the following day. If a diagnosis and treatment plan cannot be provided, you will not be charged for the virtual visit. All diagnosis and treatment plans are entered into your Prevea electronic medical records.
Conditions we treat:
Enhanced convenience features
- Common female infections
- Eye, ear and mouth problems
- Injuries, pain and minor burns
- Insect bites and head lice
- Medication to prevent an illness or infection
- Coughs and colds, sinus symptoms, sore throat and allergies
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Skin and nail problems
- Stomach or digestive health problems
Based on patient symptoms, the medical provider may determine a need for: Online chatting: Some visits may be enhanced with a chat function which allows the provider to ask clarifying questions based on the patient's questionnaire. Lab appointment: In some cases, the provider may prescribe a lab test to the patient, known as a ZipTicket™. The patient then goes to a Prevea Urgent Care for a lab test. No appointment needed. Appointment scheduling assistance: If an appointment with a provider is needed, the patient may request to receive a call from us for assistance with scheduling an appointment. Learn more about Prevea Virtual Care here